1. Look through our available pet photos and bios.
2. Fill out an adoption application.
3. We review the application and call vet references as well as personal references.
4. Meet and Greet with the rescue dog is scheduled.
5. Home Visit is scheduled. All members of the family, including other animals, are required to be at the home visit.
6. The decision is made based on the best interest of the rescue dog. Our goal is finding their forever home and family. We want to be sure that the fit is the best for the rescue dog and the family.
7. Our adoption fee is $300.00 for puppies and $250.00 for young and older. Pawsitive Impact NC Dog Rescue adoption fee covers shots through the date of adoption (all puppies receive 2 vaccinations before adoption), surgery (spay or neuter), 1st rabies shot, microchip, and microchip registration.
**Please note it is required that all current dogs in the household are current on shots, vaccines, spay/neutered, and are on monthly heartworm preventatives. This information has to be provided by their current vets.
Our standard adoption zone is within a 50-mile radius of Monroe, NC. Applicants in our standard adoption zone have priority in adopting our rescued dogs. This is because we try to reduce the amount of travel stress that our adoptable dogs would have to endure. If you do apply to adopt a dog and you live out of our standard adoption zone, please be prepared to find a local rescue group that will conduct a home check on our behalf, and please also be prepared to come to Monroe, NC to meet/adopt the dog if your application is approved. We do not “ship” animals, even if your application has been approved.
PLEASE READ: Here are the steps to a successful adoption: